In an effort to both show the power of their economic freedom while calling for a Justice Department probe into the shooting death of a Black teenager by a White police officer, Chicago protesters planned a large demonstration on the city’s Magnificent Mile to disrupt the Black Friday holiday.
“We’re asking people not to spend one dime. Not one dime. Jordan was killed on Black Friday in 2012. Maybe we can make a difference that day. Show your economic freedom."
- Christina ColemanManaging Editor, NewsOne
- Lynette HollowayContributing Editor
- Desire ThompsonAssistant News & Politics Editor, NewsOne/Contributing Writer for Global Grind
- Kirsten West SavaliContributing Editor
- D.L. ChandlerWriter
- Jeff MaysContributing Writer
- Michael ArceneauxWriter
- Ruth Manuel-LoganWriter