1986 was a tragic and triumphant year for Black America. Oprah Winfrey becomes the first African-American to host a nationally syndicated show while Ronald McNair tragically dies with other crew members in the Challenger crash.
- Justice Department: Ferguson Response To Protesters Violated Free Speech, Use Of Dogs Incited Fear
- Facebook Stalls On Diversity, Only Hires 7 African Americans In Latest Count
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- NewsOne On TV One - Daily at 9 AM ET
- 5 Times President Obama Tackled Racism In Rev. Clementa Pinckney's Eulogy
- Black Girl Magic: 15 Facts You Should Know About Ballet Superstar Misty Copeland