Martin Luther King might be the greatest orator in American history. His words and speeches changed the tide of American history. Not only did he give speeches on integration, but he also gave powerful speeches on poverty and the war in Vietnam.
1. I Have A Dream. This might be one of the most well known and referred to speeches in modern American history.
2. Why I am Opposed to the War In Vietnam. Many people forget about King’s strong anti-war stance. Many of the reasons he opposed the war in Vietnam relate to the current conflicts in Gaza and Iraq.
3. I’ve Been to the Mountain Top. King’s last speech was prophetic. He would die shortly after but his words would live on and inspire people forever.
4. The Urgency of Now. In a theme later used by Barack Obama Martin Luther King showed why integration couldn’t wait.
5. A Time to Break Silence. In this speech, Martin Luther King again outlined his opposition to the war in Vietnam