From Tom McGeveran at The New York Observer:
Legendary novelist and editor Toni Morrison’s endorsement of Barack Obama is obviously not significant for her ability to move voters at the polls, which is not proven and probably not likely to be proven. But given her perceived attachment to the Clintons—Bill, she famously once called America’s first black president; and Hillary she has been close to in the past—we thought it worth printing in full the letter of endorsement she sent to the Illinois senator, as released by the Obama campaign.
Click here for the full letter.
RETURN to the CELEBRATE 44 MAIN PAGE
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14