NORTH CAROLINA — A prosecutor in North Carolina is dropping charges against six men in a shootout at a store where rapper Waka Flocka Flame had been talking with fans.
The Charlotte Observer reports that one man was injured in the shooting Feb. 16 at a car stereo shop.
A spokesman for the rapper said the shooting started after several men tried to take some of Waka Flocka Flame’s jewelry.
Prosecutors in Charlotte say none of the witnesses identified any of the shooters. Prosecutors also say there was no evidence of an attempted robbery.
The six men had faced charges that include attempted armed robbery, conspiracy and discharging a gun into occupied property.
Waka Flocka Flame’s real name is Juaquin Malphurs.
Waka Flocka Flame questioned after shooting
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14