Six-time NBA champion Scottie Pippen caused a stir among sports fans Friday morning after saying LeBron James may be better than his longtime teammate and five-time league MVP Michael Jordan.
“Michael Jordan is probably the greatest scorer to ever play in the game,” Pippen said, “but I may go so far as to say that LeBron James is the greatest player to ever play the game.”
Pippen’s comments aired on ESPN Radio’s “Mike & Mike” show a day after James’ Miami Heat beat the Chicago Bulls 83-80 to advance to the NBA Finals.
Read more on ESPN.com
Scottie Pippen To Join Jordan In Basketball Hall Of Fame
LeBron James Relasing Animated Series
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14