A video is circulating the web of Atlanta mega-church Pastor, Eddie Long, randomly receiving a large stack of cash from a woman as an offering during one of his church services.
As Bishop Long is preaching, the woman interrupts him mid-sentence to give him a large stack of cash.
He ironically stopped abruptly as he was saying, “So, what I need–“.
Long, who appeared surprised by the gift says, “Manifest! Signs, wonders, and miracles! I couldn’t pray for that!”
“That’s just the first fruit, I see everybody bringing that to the alter. Quick, fast, in a hurry,” the excited pastor says as the congregation cheers and pours money into the offering plate.
Many churches use different tactics to encourage the congregation to give offerings to the church, like personal testimonies, guest speakers, or designated offerings for larger funds; this possibly being a tactic to bolster giving.
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14