DETROIT — Afrykayn Moon was kicked off a SMART bus for breastfeeding her son, after the driver demanded that she cover up or get off.
Moon refused and continued to breastfeed. According to Michigan state law, Moon did have the right to continue breastfeeding under public-indecency laws.
Moon and a group of women will stage a “nurse-in” at SMART facilities in Michigan, nursing their babies in lawn chairs in support of Moon’s heroic defiance.
Read More At TheGrio.com
Michelle Obama Promotes Breastfeeding
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14