Berkshire Hathaway, the eighth-largest public company in the world owned by billionaire Warren Buffet is behind on its taxes, the New York post reports.
According to the Post, Berkshire Hathaway owes back taxes from as far back as 2002.
The news comes just weeks after Buffet wrote an in-depth editorial chiding the low tax rates paid by the super-rich.
Billionaire Warren Buffett Calls For More Taxes On The Rich
More generally, due to a variety of breaks and loopholes, many U.S. corporations don’t pay the top marginal rate. Over one-fourth of the U.S. corporations comprising the S&P 500 paid a corporate tax rate below 20 percent over the last half-decade,
The New York Times recently reported.
Read more at the Huffington Post.
Jay-Z Will Be A Billionaire By 2015 Says Forbes Magazine
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14