A recent study by Allure Magazine shows that Black women “were three times as likely as white women to rate themselves at the ‘hot’ end of the spectrum.”
The poll consisted of 2,000 people of all races and colors from across the country.
See Also: Stars Without Makeup
See Also: Black Travel: Visit Chicago, Illinois
The Huffington Post reports:
That may sounds trivial or shallow, but a little self-love goes a long way–especially in the face of those hateful reports that black women are the reason for the falling marriage rates in the African-American community.
Beverly Bond, founder of “Black Girls Rock,” is trying to plant the seed of self-confidence early. Her organization helps create, reaffirm and/or reclaim that self-worth in young girls across the country.
Read More At The Huffington Post
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14