Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick allegedly took a bribe of $10,000 from one of his friends in a restroom.
The Detroit Free Press is reporting allegations against former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick that came to light after a close friend was charged with money laundering.
See Also: Take A Trip To The Motor City — Detroit, Michigan
The allegations were revealed in a superseding indictment filed in U.S. District Court in the case against Bobby Ferguson, a close friend of Kilpatrick.
The charges [against Ferguson] are related to Ferguson’s alleged attempts to conceal $1.7 million in extorted payments that he received for no-show work from a contractor.
Today’s indictment also offered a new, stunning allegation that Kilpatrick pocketed a $10,000 kickback in a restroom.
Read more at The Root
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14