An eye-popping 257,000 private-sector jobs were added in January. The unemployment rate went down to 8.3 percent, down from 8.5 percent in December. The unemployment rate for African-Americans dropped to 13.6 percent, a drop of over 2 percent from December. The big drop may have more to do with a new computation on total Black population than an actually large reduction.
- EXCLUSIVE: UVA Students Gear Up To Present List Of Demands As Martese Johnson's Case Continues
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9 AM EST
- How To Prepare Students To Compete In A Global Economy
- Exclusive Preview: See Who's Talking About The State Of Black America Report
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- She Ordered A Burger With Bacon, Didn't Get Any, & Shot Up The McDonald's