An eye-popping 257,000 private-sector jobs were added in January. The unemployment rate went down to 8.3 percent, down from 8.5 percent in December. The unemployment rate for African-Americans dropped to 13.6 percent, a drop of over 2 percent from December. The big drop may have more to do with a new computation on total Black population than an actually large reduction.
- Waller County Officials Release Unedited Jail Video Of Sandra Bland To Dispel Rumors
- NETWORKING IN COLOR: Chicago's Top Career and Business Events For July 31-August 6
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- UPB Presents: How Well Do You Know Chicago? [QUIZ]
- NewsOne On TV One - Daily at 9 AM ET
- Here's What Obama Told African Leaders About Poverty, Roots, Women's Rights, & When To Call It Quits (VIDEO)