An eye-popping 257,000 private-sector jobs were added in January. The unemployment rate went down to 8.3 percent, down from 8.5 percent in December. The unemployment rate for African-Americans dropped to 13.6 percent, a drop of over 2 percent from December. The big drop may have more to do with a new computation on total Black population than an actually large reduction.
- Overheard At CBCF: What Are Our Representatives, Activists, & Entrepreneurs Saying About Black Lives Matter?
- NewsOne Now With Roland Martin Moves To 7 ET/8 CT Starting 9/14
- The New & Returning TV Shows You Have To Watch This Fall
- NAACP: America's Journey For Justice March Nears Its End In Washington, D.C.
- Justice Or Else: Min. Louis Farrakhan Discusses How To End The Killing In Black Communities
- My Credit Score Is Bad - Can I Still Get A Loan?