An eye-popping 257,000 private-sector jobs were added in January. The unemployment rate went down to 8.3 percent, down from 8.5 percent in December. The unemployment rate for African-Americans dropped to 13.6 percent, a drop of over 2 percent from December. The big drop may have more to do with a new computation on total Black population than an actually large reduction.
- EXCLUSIVE: Who Is The Harvard Grad & Engineer Hoping To Become Mayor Of Baltimore?
- See Vashawn Mitchell, Rev. Otis Moss III At CBCF Prayer Breakfast, In Person Or Online Sept. 19
- TV One's "News One Now" Explores New Orleans' School System Post-Hurricane Katrina In One-Hour Special
- TV One's "NewsOne Now" Will Move To New 7 A.M. ET Time Slot
- Everything We Know So Far About Alleged WDBJ Gunman Vester Lee Flanagan, AKA Bryce Williams
- So This Happened: Media Misidentified Man As Alleged WDBJ Shooter Vester Flanagan, Apologizes For Mistake