As recently as the 1960s, there were only a few African-American elected officials in the United States. Now there are thousands, including the mayor of Atlanta, Kasim Reed. Recently, Roland Martin talked with Reed about the impressive Black mayors of Atlanta who came before him.
- EXCLUSIVE: Civil Rights Attorney Benjamin Crump Retained For Monroe Bird III Security Guard Shooting
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9 AM EST
- How To Prepare Students To Compete In A Global Economy
- Exclusive Preview: See Who's Talking About The State Of Black America Report
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- The Retweet: Deadline Apologizes For Problematic 'Ethnic Castings' Article, But We're Not Convinced