As recently as the 1960s, there were only a few African-American elected officials in the United States. Now there are thousands, including the mayor of Atlanta, Kasim Reed. Recently, Roland Martin talked with Reed about the impressive Black mayors of Atlanta who came before him.
- Waller County Officials Release Unedited Jail Video Of Sandra Bland To Dispel Rumors
- NETWORKING IN COLOR: Chicago's Top Career and Business Events For July 31-August 6
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- UPB Presents: How Well Do You Know Chicago? [QUIZ]
- NewsOne On TV One - Daily at 9 AM ET
- Here's What Obama Told African Leaders About Poverty, Roots, Women's Rights, & When To Call It Quits (VIDEO)