As recently as the 1960s, there were only a few African-American elected officials in the United States. Now there are thousands, including the mayor of Atlanta, Kasim Reed. Recently, Roland Martin talked with Reed about the impressive Black mayors of Atlanta who came before him.
- Justice Department: Ferguson Response To Protesters Violated Free Speech, Use Of Dogs Incited Fear
- Facebook Stalls On Diversity, Only Hires 7 African Americans In Latest Count
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- NewsOne On TV One - Daily at 9 AM ET
- 5 Times President Obama Tackled Racism In Rev. Clementa Pinckney's Eulogy
- Black Girl Magic: 15 Facts You Should Know About Ballet Superstar Misty Copeland