So Sad! Successful Freshman Found Dead After Drinking Too Much

Comments:  | Leave A Comment

Everett Glenn Lafayette CollegeEverett Glenn, 19, a freshman at Lafayette College, was a reportedly charismatic and social teen who was even nicknamed “Mr. Mayor” by his fellow classmates. Unfortunately, Glenn died this past Saturday, after drinking too much in celebration of his birthday, reports the Express-Times.

SEE ALSO: Will William Balfour Get Off On DNA?

According to Glenn’s mother, Joanne, Glenn drank too much while celebrating his birthday then went to bed, face up.  Emergency room doctors eventually told her that Glenn passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest.

A police report states that the fencing star was discovered early Saturday afternoon at the college’s residence hall and then immediately transported to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

A prayer service was held for the popular student on Saturday night, and hundreds of the college’s students came to pay their respects. The small educational institution that has a student body of 2,400 drew at least one-third of its population at Glenn’s service, and the website rememberingeverett.com was also set up in Glenn’s honor.

Meanwhile, “The kid who never frowned,” will be missed by so many from students to faculty.   “He was smiling, always smiling,”  says his roommate, who didn’t give his name.  “He was the kind of kid that…you had to like him,” he told The Express-Times.
 
Associate mathematics professor Louis Zulli, who had Glenn as his student , wrote in an e-mail:
 
The fact that Everett was taking it [his class] as a first-year student reflected his academic prowess. I met with Everett several times outside of class. He was soft-spoken and unusually courteous, and was clearly interested in my course and his academic program. Everett was well-liked by his classmates, and as many have said already, he always had a smile on his face. Really.
Police investigators do not suspect foul play in the young man’s death.
 
Parents, concerned aunts and uncles, and grandparents, make sure to talk with your youth about the dangers of drinking. Alcohol poisoning is a serious and sometimes deadly consequence of drinking large amounts of alcohol in a short period of time. Drinking too much too quickly can affect your breathing, heart rate and gag reflex and potentially lead to coma and death according to the Mayo Clinic.  Life is so fragile, and obviously, if Glenn hadn’t made the decision to mistakenly drink himself to death, he would still be here.
 
R.I.P., Glenn.

Join the Conversation! Share on Facebook!

Tags:

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,530 other followers