Top Ten Videos to watch

Spider Crash
Eric Garner Protests
Justice for Tamir sign held aloft. Stop Mass Incarcerations...
Kym Whitley
Pepsi Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show
Donald Trump's 'Crippled America' Book Press Conference
US-CRIME-RACE-SHOOTING-PROTEST
New Hampshire Primaries
TV One At The 47th NAACP Image Awards
Donald Trump Holds Rally In Biloxi, Mississippi
Behind bars
47th NAACP Image Awards Presented By TV One - Press Room
A Man Operating A Tv Camera
Maurice White
March2Justice
'News One Now' With Roland Martin Taping
Bill Cosby
Activists In Los Angeles Gather To Burn Likenesses Of The Confederate Flag
Flint Firebirds V Windsor Spitfires
CBC Message To America: Rep. Conyers Addresses The Damage Inflicted On Our Communities By Poverty, Mass Incarceration And Lack Of Economic Development
Iowa Caucus Ted Cruz
NewsOne Now NAACP Image Awards Preview
Student sitting at a desk in a classroom
Rahm Emanuel Announces Police Accountability Task Force As CPD Chief Is Fired
Slavery Stock image
The 16th Annual Wall Street Project Gala Fundraising Reception
Ava DuVernay
Roland Martin Blasts Stacey Dash For Comments About BET, Black Networks
President Obama Delivers State Of The Union Address At U.S. Capitol
Leave a comment

George Zimmerman

Junior Alexander Guy began receiving death threats after phone service T-Mobile assigned him George Zimmerman‘s old cell phone number, reports the Huffington Post. 

“You deserve to die,” irate callers said. “You murderer!”

The Orlando Sun-Sentinel reports:

The number —407-435-2400 — was the one Zimmerman spelled out to a police dispatcher in a recorded call the night of the shooting that has since been widely circulated by news organizations and is available on the Internet.

Guy, who works at an Orlando wastewater plant, said his phone rang around the clock.

“At 2 o’clock, 3 o’clock in the morning I kept getting these,” he said.

He estimates he received 70 threatening calls.

He has moved out of his home and relocated his mother, who had lived with him, to a different location, he said.

“I was not only afraid for my life, I was afraid for my mother’s,” he said.

He got the phone May 7. On May 16, he turned the phone over to Orlando lawyer Robert Trimble. Since then, the phone has been in Trimble’s safe.

The lawyer has asked T-Mobile to pay damages. He would not say how much.

T-Mobile has said no, according to its top lawyer, Aram Meade.

“They’re not looking to provide my client any compensation for what they’ve exposed him to,” Trimble complained.

George Zimmerman, who has been charged with the murder of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, was secreted away in the middle of the night after he was released on $150,000 bail to protect him from physical harm and death threats. Clearly, Guy was not, and has not to date, been given the same courtesy. Zimmerman has since turned himself in — again — after a judge ruled that he and his wife lied about how much money they had available at the time of the bond hearing.

Read more at the Orlando Sun-Sentinel.

Also On News One: