Top Ten Videos to watch

HISTORY Brings 'Roots' Cast And Crew To The White House For Screening
Graduates tossing caps into the air
Freddie Gray Baltimore Protests
Mid section of man in graduation gown holding diploma
Legendary Baseball Player Tony Gwynn's Family Files A Lawsuit Against Big Tobacco
ME.jailhouse#2.0117.CW Montebello City Council has approved use of a private contractor to run the n
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Addresses Police Misconduct At Chicago City Council Meeting
WWII Soldiers Standing In A Flag Draped Sunset - SIlhouette
Students Taking a College Exam
Bill Cosby Preliminary Hearing
Hillary Clinton Campaigns In Louisville, Kentucky
Worried black businesswoman at desk
Tyler Perry And Soledad O'Brien Host Gala Honoring Bishop T.D. Jakes' 35 Years Of Ministry
Teacher with group of preschoolers sitting at table
FBI Officials Discuss Apprehension Of Explosions Suspect After Three-Day Manhunt
NFC Championship - San Francisco 49ers v Atlanta Falcons
Protests Erupt In Chicago After Video Of Police Shooting Of Teen Is Released
Nine Dead After Church Shooting In Charleston
Portrait of senior African woman holding money
President Bush Speals At Federalist Society's Gala
Police Line Tape
Senior Woman's Hands
Police officers running
New Orleans Residents Return to Housing Projects
David Banner
Leave a comment

It’s been nearly one year since 2-year-old Destiny Riddick died after allegedly ingesting some pills from her grandmother Kimberly Artis’ (pictured left) candy dish.  Now police are hunting for Artis who ran away after being brought up on murder charges for her granddaughter’s death, according to NewsChannel 3.

SEE ALSO: When Rap Lyrics Stand Trial

Want to Keep Up With LIKE Us On Facebook!

On July 17, 2011, Destiny reportedly thought she was eating candy from a dish that had been ordinarily filled with sweet treats in her grandmother’s Suffolk, Virginia, home. Instead, the little girl had swallowed the potent drug suboxone, which is used to treat heroin addictions.

When Suffolk police were summoned to the scene, they found that the child was not breathing. Destiny was then immediately rushed to a nearby hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Last week, prosecutors finally issued an indictment charging Artis and her live-in boyfriend, Steven Bullock (pictured above, right), 51, with the toddler’s death.  When authorities went to pay the 39-year-old grandmother a visit, they discovered that Artis had fled.  Bullock, whom police could not locate at first, eventually turned himself in to police on Monday afternoon and was arrested.

A relative revealed to News Channel 3 that Artis had been battling a drug problem and was on a mission to get her life back on the straight and narrow since her recent release from jail.

The reason why it took police so long to get the indictments for Artis and Bullock was because the toxicology report took an inordinate amount of time to be produced and investigators also needed more evidence in order to build their case.

Bullock’s brother, Harvey, told News Channel 3 that his sibling was distraught over the child’s death and that the pills definitely had not belonged to him.

Meanwhile, police are looking for Artis.  If anyone has any information on the runaway granny, call 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.

10 Relationships That Make You Go Hmm

Tiger Woods Is Back On Top

Also On News One: