Dallas megachurch pastor T.D. Jakes says a last-minute change of plans saved him from being killed in a natural gas explosion at his home.
Jakes told thousands at Sunday’s service at his church — The Potter House — that he would have been getting dressed near the blast last week had he not suddenly had the feeling he should call off a planned meeting.
Instead, he wasn’t anywhere close to the blast centered in a sunroom of his house in Fort Worth. No one was injured
Fire Department Lt. Kent Worley said Sunday that investigators ruled the blast accidental. He said the sunroom had a gas-fired pool heater and a large gas-fired barbecue grill.
Jakes praised God for keeping him safe and described his situation as “inconvenient, but alive.”