Top Ten Videos to watch

HISTORY Brings 'Roots' Cast And Crew To The White House For Screening
Graduates tossing caps into the air
Freddie Gray Baltimore Protests
Mid section of man in graduation gown holding diploma
Legendary Baseball Player Tony Gwynn's Family Files A Lawsuit Against Big Tobacco
ME.jailhouse#2.0117.CW Montebello City Council has approved use of a private contractor to run the n
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Addresses Police Misconduct At Chicago City Council Meeting
WWII Soldiers Standing In A Flag Draped Sunset - SIlhouette
Students Taking a College Exam
Bill Cosby Preliminary Hearing
Hillary Clinton Campaigns In Louisville, Kentucky
Worried black businesswoman at desk
Tyler Perry And Soledad O'Brien Host Gala Honoring Bishop T.D. Jakes' 35 Years Of Ministry
Teacher with group of preschoolers sitting at table
FBI Officials Discuss Apprehension Of Explosions Suspect After Three-Day Manhunt
NFC Championship - San Francisco 49ers v Atlanta Falcons
Protests Erupt In Chicago After Video Of Police Shooting Of Teen Is Released
Nine Dead After Church Shooting In Charleston
Portrait of senior African woman holding money
President Bush Speals At Federalist Society's Gala
Police Line Tape
Senior Woman's Hands
Police officers running
New Orleans Residents Return to Housing Projects
David Banner
Leave a comment

tanya byrd bronx

The body of a woman was found dismembered and stuffed in several garbage bags in her Bronx neighborhood, The New York Daily News reports.

A witness told police that Tanya Byrd‘s body parts–head, hands, torso, and a shoulder–were thrown among other heaps of garbage on Eagle Avenue near 158th Street. The suspect was spotted speeding away in a silver SUV.

Byrd’s son, Bashid McLean, 23, is being questioned in connection with the killing. He called the cops to declare his mom missing but their investigation lead them to considered him a suspect in her death. A saw was recovered from McLean’s Bronx apartment. The New York Post reports that McLean shared the apartment with his mother. reports that McLean gave the cops a photo of his mother, which was used to ID Bryd’s severed head.

Though he has history of violence, according to a relative interviewed by the Daily News, the murder still shocked the family.

“He’s acted out in violent ways before, but I never thought he could do something like this,” said one relative. “Not in a million years.”

The suspects aunt, Cassandra McLean, said that he told her that an old boyfriend of Byrd’s dropped by their apartment yesterday and said that was the last time anyone saw her. “He [the ex-boyfriend] came over yesterday and walked out with her in the morning, yesterday morning,” McLean said. “That’s what her son told me on the phone just now.”

Want to Keep Up With LIKE Us On Facebook!

Byrd’s dismembered body was found around 5 a.m. Tuesday by a dog walker who saw the woman’s leg poking from a pile of garbage. Her body was stuffed into a duffel bag and three heavy duty plastic bags. Some of Byrd’s remains were still in the clothes she was wearing at the time of her death. The body parts were found less than a half-mile from her son’s Bronx home.

Watch news story on Bryd’s death below:

McLean suffers from learning disabilities and grew up in foster care, according to his aunt, Cassandra McLean. Byrd worked as a private nursing aide, had two adult children and a 7-year-old son, Nasyr, with Down syndrome. She is described by friends and family as a caring parent who adored her youngest child.

“She’s a loving mother, very devoted to her son,” said McLean. “That’s what she lived for. That’s her joy in life.”

A friend told the Daily News that Byrd was a “a good person and a good mom. No one gives her trouble. She gives no one trouble. She’s a quiet, hardworking woman.”

“If you needed a cup of milk, she gave you a gallon,” said Elizabeth Cruz, another friend of Bryd’s.

The Daily News added that Byrd called in sick to work on Monday, and neighbors last spoke to her on Sunday. NYPD investigators are searching McLean’s second-floor apartment for clues.

Byrd’s remains were taken to the medical examiner’s office for an autopsy and positive ID.

Also On News One: