Top Ten Videos to watch

47th NAACP Image Awards Presented By TV One - Press Room
A Man Operating A Tv Camera
Maurice White
March2Justice
'News One Now' With Roland Martin Taping
Bill Cosby
Activists In Los Angeles Gather To Burn Likenesses Of The Confederate Flag
Flint Firebirds V Windsor Spitfires
CBC Message To America: Rep. Conyers Addresses The Damage Inflicted On Our Communities By Poverty, Mass Incarceration And Lack Of Economic Development
Iowa Caucus Ted Cruz
NewsOne Now NAACP Image Awards Preview
Student sitting at a desk in a classroom
Slavery Stock image
The 16th Annual Wall Street Project Gala Fundraising Reception
Ava DuVernay
Roland Martin Blasts Stacey Dash For Comments About BET, Black Networks
President Obama Delivers State Of The Union Address At U.S. Capitol
Ava DuVernay
2016 North American International Auto Show
Democratic National Committee Presidential Primary Debate
88th Oscars Nominations Announcement
Democratic debate
Dream Speech
GOP Presidential Candidates Debate In Charleston
US President Barack Obama speaks on the
24593149
2011 Winter TCA Tour - Day 5
LOS ANGELES, CA - FEBRUARY 18, 2015: Two wooden stand-in Oscar statuettes are ready to be taken on
Woman Holding Dollars - Isolated
Leave a comment

e-cigarette fire utah

Kinzie Barlow’s (pictured at left) 3-year-old boy, Khonor (torso pictured), is lucky to be alive after her exploding electronic cigarette set his car seat on fire, which left the child with first- and- second-degree burns throughout his body, according to Fox 13 News.

SEE ALSO: 4 Charged In Chicago Park Shooting

The Provo, Utah, Mom told Fox 13 she was driving along a road on Friday when she began noticing an offensive odor in the car. After a loud bang, Barlow reportedly saw a flash of light and the vehicle’s cabin filled with smoke.

According to Barlow, after her e-cigarette literally exploded in her car’s charger, a white-hot copper coil ricocheted off the ceiling and wound up in Khonor’s car seat.

Barlow told Fox 13 that the e-cigarette’s coil actually burned through the car seat’s fabric and even melted the hard plastic that surrounded it.

The flames that reportedly shot out from the heated coil made contact with the toddler’s torso.  Barlow told Fox 13, “He was screaming and saying, ‘Mom, get me! Get me!”

The frantic Mom tried extinguishing the out-of-control flames with her shirt sleeves, but they were useless because they, too, caught fire. Barlow then grabbed some iced coffee, which was in her cup holder, and doused her baby with it, finally putting out the flames.  “I was shaking by the time it was all over and done with,” Barlow told Fox 13.

Watch news coverage of the e-cigarette incident here:

Provo’s Fire Marshal Lynn Schofield, believes that Barlow’s e-cigarette did explode because she had witnessed boyepisodes like this before, stating, “[The charging e-cigarette] was attended. It was a catastrophic failure of the device,” Schofield said. “And fortunately only minor burns, but painful burns. This is the second time it’s happened in Provo,” Schofield said. “This is the first time we’ve had an injury.”

Schofield, who suspects that the device was faulty, reported the incident to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission on Monday, with the inspector even adding that Barlow had been using the appropriate charger for the electronic cigarette and not an after-market charger.

Barlow told Fox 13 that had she known about the potential dangers of the electronic smoking cessation device, she would never would have purchased it and will never buy one again.

Meanwhile, Khonor, who was in “remarkably good spirits” a day after the incident, talked about the burns he sustained on his elbows, back, and buttock, saying that while the burns hurt, he will, according to his mom, be just fine.

SEE ALSO: HS Student Expelled Over A Piece Of Paper

Also On News One: