Top Ten Videos to watch

Hillary Clinton Meets With DC Mayor And DC Representative At Coffee Shop
crime scene
Vote
Studio Portrait of Two Young Women Back to Back, One With a Tattoo
Mamie Till and Emmett Till
GOP Redistricting Plot To Unseat Rep. Corrine Brown Exposed
Protests Break Out In Charlotte After Police Shooting
'Keep the Vote Alive!' March Commemorates Civil Rights Act
White man shooting
Gun Violence Continues To Plague Chicago, Over 1,000 Shootings For Year To Date
HS Football
Gun Violence Continues To Plague Chicago, Over 1,000 Shootings For Year To Date
Police Line
US-POLITICS-OBAMA
2016 Republican National Convention
44th NAACP Image Awards - Show
MD Primary
Premiere Of OWN's 'Queen Sugar' - Arrivals
Democratic National Convention
US-VOTE-REPUBLICANS-TRUMP
Los Angeles Rams v San Francisco 49ers
US-POLICE-RACISM-UNREST
Protesters Demonstrate Against Donald Trump's Visit To Flint Michigan
President Obama Speaks On The Economy In Brady Press Briefing Room
Lil Wayne
Construction Continues On The National Museum of African American History To Open In 2016
Preacher Preaching the Gospel
Hillary Clinton Campaigns In Louisville, Kentucky
Miami Dolphins v Seattle Seahawks
US-VOTE-DEMOCRATS-CONVENTION
Leave a comment

Ja-Kye Robinson school lunch philadelphia

A 7-year-old boy was burned after he tried opening a pouch of meat during lunch at Pennell Elementary school in Philadelphia on Friday, Fox 29 News reports.

“I was trying to open it, and I smashed it. And it splattered all over my face and my clothes,” Ja-Kye Robinson (pictured) said. “It felt hot, and it burned.”

What was suppose to be noontime meal of turkey taco meat over nacho chips ended up burning the boy. He was taken to the principal’s office for treatment, but even that raised questions–like, “where’s the nurse?” The principal and staff tended to Ja-Kye by helping him apply ice to the wound. When his parents were notified, they immediately took him to the emergency room where he was treated for the injury.

He suffered second-degree burns.

Ja-Kye will be fine, but his parents were upset over the whole incident, starting with the temperature of the food. “Why would you feed a 7 year old first grader food that hot? Why? It don’t make no sense,” John Ambrose, Ja-Kye’s father said.

School District Spokesman Fernanda Gallard agreed. Another problem Ja-Kye’s mother raised was why the school didn’t call 911. “Like, ‘oh, it’s no big deal. It’s a burn.’ To me, it is a big deal. It’s my child’s face,” Rosalyn Robinson said.

Gallard says the district will investigate the temperature of the food served to the children at the school that day. It’s too early to determine whether those burns will leave a scar on Ja-Kye face.

Watch news video of the story below:

Also On News One:
comments – Add Yours