Cast members on “The Preachers of L.A.” have been criticized for being flashy and having big, rock star personas. So would the show be better, more realistic, if you threw a storefront preacher into the mix? Roland Martin and Rahiel Tesfamariam, founder of Urban Cusp explored that scenario on “NewsOne Now” with Roland Martin. As Tesfamariam noted, a typical church has a congregation of about 70 people. Not that the makers of the Oxygen show are out to reflect reality, she adds. “When you put a show like that on that network,” Tesfamariam said, “I feel we already know what this is going to be about… They’re filling a quota.” Do you agree? Listen to the full exchange below, and tune in to “NewsOne Now” with Roland Martin weekdays at 10am EST.
- EXCLUSIVE: NJ Teacher Suspended For Allowing 3rd Graders To Write Get-Well Letters To Mumia Abu-Jamal Says We Should Rethink "Leadership"
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9 AM EST
- News Outlets May Have To Pay $10,000 To Play Walter Scott Shooting Video
- March2Justice News Hub: Reports From The Road
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- EXCLUSIVE: Family Of Man & 7 Children Who Died In Carbon Monoxide Accident Questions Landlord Over Stolen Meter