Cast members on “The Preachers of L.A.” have been criticized for being flashy and having big, rock star personas. So would the show be better, more realistic, if you threw a storefront preacher into the mix? Roland Martin and Rahiel Tesfamariam, founder of Urban Cusp explored that scenario on “NewsOne Now” with Roland Martin. As Tesfamariam noted, a typical church has a congregation of about 70 people. Not that the makers of the Oxygen show are out to reflect reality, she adds. “When you put a show like that on that network,” Tesfamariam said, “I feel we already know what this is going to be about… They’re filling a quota.” Do you agree? Listen to the full exchange below, and tune in to “NewsOne Now” with Roland Martin weekdays at 10am EST.
- Overheard At CBCF: What Are Our Representatives, Activists, & Entrepreneurs Saying About Black Lives Matter?
- NewsOne Now With Roland Martin Moves To 7 ET/8 CT Starting 9/14
- The New & Returning TV Shows You Have To Watch This Fall
- NAACP: America's Journey For Justice March Nears Its End In Washington, D.C.
- Justice Or Else: Min. Louis Farrakhan Discusses How To End The Killing In Black Communities
- My Credit Score Is Bad - Can I Still Get A Loan?