Cast members on “The Preachers of L.A.” have been criticized for being flashy and having big, rock star personas. So would the show be better, more realistic, if you threw a storefront preacher into the mix? Roland Martin and Rahiel Tesfamariam, founder of Urban Cusp explored that scenario on “NewsOne Now” with Roland Martin. As Tesfamariam noted, a typical church has a congregation of about 70 people. Not that the makers of the Oxygen show are out to reflect reality, she adds. “When you put a show like that on that network,” Tesfamariam said, “I feel we already know what this is going to be about… They’re filling a quota.” Do you agree? Listen to the full exchange below, and tune in to “NewsOne Now” with Roland Martin weekdays at 10am EST.
- Mom Goes On Strike To Protest Daughters' Disrespectful Behavior
- Don't Miss The 46th NAACP Image Awards!
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- 'Oh Jah Jah:' Eddie Murphy Talks New Music, Return To 'SNL' For 40th Anniversary (VIDEO)
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9 AM EST
- Detroit Cop Who Killed 7-Year-Old Aiyana Stanley-Jones Walks Free