Only in the mind of birthers would it make sense for a foreign-born white man to suggest that an American-born black president somehow doesn’t belong here.
Apparently that’s reasonable in the mind of Republican Senator
Ted Cruz‘s father, Rafael Cruz. As reported, Pastor Rafael Cruz told a North Texas Tea Party gathering in September 2012 that, “We need to send Barack Obama back to Chicago. I’d like to send him back to Kenya.”
Some of us beg to differ. This morning on ”
Martin had this to say about Rafael Cruz’s remarks: NewsOne Now,” with Roland Martin,
“You’ve got a man from Cuba, whose son was born in Canada, saying the black man who is president has to go back to Kenya….Don’t you all find it funny that the black guy –
aw, no, he ain’t really American — but Ted Cruz is all of a sudden super-duper American?”
Hear what else Martin had to say in the audio clip below.
Tune in to “NewsOne Now” weekdays at 7 a.m. ET., starting Monday, Nov. 4.
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14