I, like, totally understand the Nazis now. I get how otherwise rational people can be swept up in a completely irrational movement just because everyone else is doing it.
I became a cigarette smoker for 3 years because all the cool people at my job smoked cigarettes. I’m not a man of will. I want to be liked. I’ll go to extremes.
So for the last 3 weeks, I’ve been in the company of a group of men-all Black, all repping straight-all of whom wanted absolutely nothing to do with Black women.
Now, for the 1st week, I held my sisters down. I argued point-for-point, winning logically but losing on popular vote.
In the 2nd week, all I could do was shake my head and sigh at all the slights my Beautiful Queens had to endure.
By the 3rd week, I was like, “And you know what else I hate about them broads…?”
Since I was the “writer… with that blog and $@%&!” they made me make a list. But now I’ve escaped these men and will betray them with this mea culpa for my sisters. And fellahs, if you’re reading on and you find yourself agreeing with any one of these points, you should be ashamed of yourself!
10. Confrontational-always wants to fight.
9. Loud-and can’t turn the volume down.
8. Fat-not every time, but too many times.
7. Catty/Competitive-hates girlfriends but always listening to them.
6. Unrealistic-thinks a Bentley costs a penny.
5. Selfish-but pushes us down by the head and shoulders.
4. Emasculating-and dressing like men too.
3. Controlling-manipulating. Ya’ll got a good life, man.
2. Demanding-wanting us to be different from the ‘we’ we are now.
1. Blameless-even when wrong.
Rough, wasn’t it ladies? I’m just glad it was me that had to hear it and not ya’ll.