Pharrell‘s infectious hit, “Happy,” from the soundtrack of the motion picture Despicable Me 2, has the whole world dancing around like a “room without a roof” and Rep. John Lewis couldn’t help but join in the fun.
RELATED: ‘I Shed Blood In Selma, The Vote Is Sacred’ [VIDEO]
The 74-year-old Civil Rights icon was filmed getting his groove on to the Grammy and Oscar nominated tune and it made the entire internet happy.
Lewis smiles and says, “This is my song!” as he shows off his impressive moves. At the video’s conclusion, he says a triumphant, “Nothing can bring me down!”
We hear you, Rep. Lewis! Your powerful career is a testament to that statement.
It’s almost impossible not to smile and dance along to the video.
Watch it below:
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14