Last week, conservative pundits came out of the woodwork decrying, mocking and criticizing the use of the #BringBackOurGirls hashtag that has driven conversation around the case of the missing Nigerian schoolgirls. The critics of the hashtag have said that sending messages with it is useless in effecting any change on behalf of the missing girls. Wednesday on “NewsOne Now,” host Roland Martin and the panel discussed the roots of the conservative backlash and defended the use of hashtags to galvanize and raise awareness. Listen below.
- "There's Not A Great Deal Of Hope:" Cissy Houston Speaks On Bobbi Kristina's Condition
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9 AM EST
- "Empire Of Cotton:" Institution Of Slavery Made Capitalism Possible In The U.S. & Around The Globe
- Exclusive Preview: See Who's Talking About The State Of Black America Report
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- Georgia Twins Sentenced To 30 Years In Jail After Confessing To Killing Their Mother