Last week, conservative pundits came out of the woodwork decrying, mocking and criticizing the use of the #BringBackOurGirls hashtag that has driven conversation around the case of the missing Nigerian schoolgirls. The critics of the hashtag have said that sending messages with it is useless in effecting any change on behalf of the missing girls. Wednesday on “NewsOne Now,” host Roland Martin and the panel discussed the roots of the conservative backlash and defended the use of hashtags to galvanize and raise awareness. Listen below.
- Report: Family Member Shopping Around Pic Of Bobbi Kristina In Hospice
- Social Media Foul: Twitter Employs Only 49 African-Americans, Even Though Black People Use Site The Most
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- NewsOne On TV One - Daily at 9 AM ET
- Say What? Jeb Bush Blames Ferguson & Baltimore Protests On Lack Of Parenting
- Black Girl Magic: 15 Facts You Should Know About Ballet Superstar Misty Copeland