Last week, conservative pundits came out of the woodwork decrying, mocking and criticizing the use of the #BringBackOurGirls hashtag that has driven conversation around the case of the missing Nigerian schoolgirls. The critics of the hashtag have said that sending messages with it is useless in effecting any change on behalf of the missing girls. Wednesday on “NewsOne Now,” host Roland Martin and the panel discussed the roots of the conservative backlash and defended the use of hashtags to galvanize and raise awareness. Listen below.
- Loretta Lynch Is Confirmed As The First Black Female U.S. Attorney General
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9 AM EST
- Justice For Freddie Gray: Baltimore Marches On City Hall, 2 Arrests [VIDEO]
- A Teacher's Advice To Students About Learning With Common Core Standards [VIDEO]
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- Family Of Ferguson Teenager Michael Brown Jr. Plans Civil Rights Lawsuit Against City