Last week, conservative pundits came out of the woodwork decrying, mocking and criticizing the use of the #BringBackOurGirls hashtag that has driven conversation around the case of the missing Nigerian schoolgirls. The critics of the hashtag have said that sending messages with it is useless in effecting any change on behalf of the missing girls. Wednesday on “NewsOne Now,” host Roland Martin and the panel discussed the roots of the conservative backlash and defended the use of hashtags to galvanize and raise awareness. Listen below.
- Overheard At CBCF: What Are Our Representatives, Activists, & Entrepreneurs Saying About Black Lives Matter?
- NewsOne Now With Roland Martin Moves To 7 ET/8 CT Starting 9/14
- The New & Returning TV Shows You Have To Watch This Fall
- NAACP: America's Journey For Justice March Nears Its End In Washington, D.C.
- Justice Or Else: Min. Louis Farrakhan Discusses How To End The Killing In Black Communities
- My Credit Score Is Bad - Can I Still Get A Loan?