Last week, conservative pundits came out of the woodwork decrying, mocking and criticizing the use of the #BringBackOurGirls hashtag that has driven conversation around the case of the missing Nigerian schoolgirls. The critics of the hashtag have said that sending messages with it is useless in effecting any change on behalf of the missing girls. Wednesday on “NewsOne Now,” host Roland Martin and the panel discussed the roots of the conservative backlash and defended the use of hashtags to galvanize and raise awareness. Listen below.
- Here's Why Nicki Minaj Hilariously Called Miley Cyrus Out During The MTV VMAs
- TV One's "NewsOne Now" Will Move To New 7 A.M. ET Time Slot
- You Can Still Get Cash From Your Home. Taking These 5 Steps Will Help
- See Vashawn Mitchell, Rev. Otis Moss III At CBCF Prayer Breakfast, In Person Or Online Sept. 19
- A Good Deal Or Too Good To Be True? Credit Card Introductory Rates Decoded
- Black Man Jailed For Months Over $5 Theft Found Dead In Cell