Last week, conservative pundits came out of the woodwork decrying, mocking and criticizing the use of the #BringBackOurGirls hashtag that has driven conversation around the case of the missing Nigerian schoolgirls. The critics of the hashtag have said that sending messages with it is useless in effecting any change on behalf of the missing girls. Wednesday on “NewsOne Now,” host Roland Martin and the panel discussed the roots of the conservative backlash and defended the use of hashtags to galvanize and raise awareness. Listen below.
- Mom Goes On Strike To Protest Daughters' Disrespectful Behavior
- Don't Miss The 46th NAACP Image Awards!
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- 'Oh Jah Jah:' Eddie Murphy Talks New Music, Return To 'SNL' For 40th Anniversary (VIDEO)
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9 AM EST
- Detroit Cop Who Killed 7-Year-Old Aiyana Stanley-Jones Walks Free