Last week, conservative pundits came out of the woodwork decrying, mocking and criticizing the use of the #BringBackOurGirls hashtag that has driven conversation around the case of the missing Nigerian schoolgirls. The critics of the hashtag have said that sending messages with it is useless in effecting any change on behalf of the missing girls. Wednesday on “NewsOne Now,” host Roland Martin and the panel discussed the roots of the conservative backlash and defended the use of hashtags to galvanize and raise awareness. Listen below.
- Hundreds Support Confederate Flag In Birthplace Of The KKK
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- NETWORKING IN COLOR: Chicago's Top Career and Business Events For July 31-August 6
- UPB Presents: How Well Do You Know Chicago? [QUIZ]
- NewsOne On TV One - Daily at 9 AM ET
- Activists Demand DOJ Intervention In #SandraBland Case, Take Stand For Black Women Targeted By Cops