During the summer of 1983, Prince was still an upstart musician. In early August of that year, he played benefit concert for the Minnesota Dance Theatre where he unveiled some new songs: “Let’s Go Crazy,” “I Would Die 4 U,” “Baby I’m a Star,” and “Purple Rain.” The performances were recorded live and those recording found their way onto Prince’s classic soundtrack for Purple Rain. Footage of the 13-minute performance has surfaced online. It includes a long instrumental intro, extended solo and – get this – an extra verse. Watch it here.
- Here's Why Nicki Minaj Hilariously Called Miley Cyrus Out During The MTV VMAs
- TV One's "NewsOne Now" Will Move To New 7 A.M. ET Time Slot
- You Can Still Get Cash From Your Home. Taking These 5 Steps Will Help
- See Vashawn Mitchell, Rev. Otis Moss III At CBCF Prayer Breakfast, In Person Or Online Sept. 19
- A Good Deal Or Too Good To Be True? Credit Card Introductory Rates Decoded
- Black Man Jailed For Months Over $5 Theft Found Dead In Cell