During the summer of 1983, Prince was still an upstart musician. In early August of that year, he played benefit concert for the Minnesota Dance Theatre where he unveiled some new songs: “Let’s Go Crazy,” “I Would Die 4 U,” “Baby I’m a Star,” and “Purple Rain.” The performances were recorded live and those recording found their way onto Prince’s classic soundtrack for Purple Rain. Footage of the 13-minute performance has surfaced online. It includes a long instrumental intro, extended solo and – get this – an extra verse. Watch it here.
- Waller County Officials Release Unedited Jail Video Of Sandra Bland To Dispel Rumors
- NETWORKING IN COLOR: Chicago's Top Career and Business Events For July 31-August 6
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- UPB Presents: How Well Do You Know Chicago? [QUIZ]
- NewsOne On TV One - Daily at 9 AM ET
- Here's What Obama Told African Leaders About Poverty, Roots, Women's Rights, & When To Call It Quits (VIDEO)