The killings of unarmed black men Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Ezell Ford and John Crawford III all happened in rapid succession over the past few weeks. The tragic loss of their lives, and the lives of too many other black men, has galvanized the nation around the issue of police brutality. Saturday, Al Sharpton’s National Action Network organized a “We Will Not Go Back” rally in Staten Island, New York to push for change in police policy nationally. Thousands turned out to add their voices to the cause, specifically to remind the NYPD that they still demand justice for Eric Garner.
- Justice Department: Ferguson Response To Protesters Violated Free Speech, Use Of Dogs Incited Fear
- Facebook Stalls On Diversity, Only Hires 7 African Americans In Latest Count
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- NewsOne On TV One - Daily at 9 AM ET
- 5 Times President Obama Tackled Racism In Rev. Clementa Pinckney's Eulogy
- Black Girl Magic: 15 Facts You Should Know About Ballet Superstar Misty Copeland