The killings of unarmed black men Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Ezell Ford and John Crawford III all happened in rapid succession over the past few weeks. The tragic loss of their lives, and the lives of too many other black men, has galvanized the nation around the issue of police brutality. Saturday, Al Sharpton’s National Action Network organized a “We Will Not Go Back” rally in Staten Island, New York to push for change in police policy nationally. Thousands turned out to add their voices to the cause, specifically to remind the NYPD that they still demand justice for Eric Garner.
- EXCLUSIVE: Who Is The Harvard Grad & Engineer Hoping To Become Mayor Of Baltimore?
- See Vashawn Mitchell, Rev. Otis Moss III At CBCF Prayer Breakfast, In Person Or Online Sept. 19
- TV One's "News One Now" Explores New Orleans' School System Post-Hurricane Katrina In One-Hour Special
- TV One's "NewsOne Now" Will Move To New 7 A.M. ET Time Slot
- Everything We Know So Far About Alleged WDBJ Gunman Vester Lee Flanagan, AKA Bryce Williams
- So This Happened: Media Misidentified Man As Alleged WDBJ Shooter Vester Flanagan, Apologizes For Mistake