The killings of unarmed black men Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Ezell Ford and John Crawford III all happened in rapid succession over the past few weeks. The tragic loss of their lives, and the lives of too many other black men, has galvanized the nation around the issue of police brutality. Saturday, Al Sharpton’s National Action Network organized a “We Will Not Go Back” rally in Staten Island, New York to push for change in police policy nationally. Thousands turned out to add their voices to the cause, specifically to remind the NYPD that they still demand justice for Eric Garner.
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9AM EST
- Why Some People Mistake Diabetes For Signs Of Aging
- Little League Pitching Phenom Mo'ne Davis Lands Book Deal
- Jaselyn Grant: Memphis Police Officer Charged With Murder In Wife's Shooting
- WTH?! Girlfriend Catches A Beatdown Serving Man's Wife Divorce Papers