House Republicans plan to spend $500 per hour on their lawsuit against President Barack Obama, with a “firm cap” of $350,000. Since the GOP decided to “make it rain,” we compiled a list of things they could have bought instead.
- They could buy 538 brand new iPhones at $650 a pop.
- The average cost of Obama’s autobiography, Dreams From My Father, is $8.44 on Amazon.com. They could buy 41469 copies of the book.
- 52,473 bottles of Banana Boat Sunless Tan Lotion at $6.67 per bottle.
- About 143,442 pounds of pure American pork butt.*
- The total annual expenditures for educating a public school education is $12,608 per student. At that rate, the GOP could educate 27 students.
- Speaking of school, with an average cost of $30,094, the GOP could afford to pay for the tuition of 11 young people at a private college.
- The cost for one adult to fly round trip from Washington D.C. to the airport nearest Ferguson, Missouri is $367. At that rate, the GOP could buy 953 tickets – four for each the House GOP’s 233 members.
*According to the USDA the average price of pork butt is $2.44.