UPDATED Tuesday, September 29, 2015 1:45 PM ET
Jim Carrey has released a statement following the apparent suicide of girlfriend Cathriona White.
“I am shocked and deeply saddened by the passing of my sweet Cathriona,” the actor, 53, told
Us in his statement. “She was a truly kind and delicate Irish flower, too sensitive for this soil, to whom loving and being loved was all that sparkled. My heart goes out to her family and friends and to everyone who loved and cared about her. We have all been hit with a lightning bolt.”
Read more at
The 28-year-old girlfriend of actor
Jim Carrey has reportedly committed suicide, according to the entertainment website . TMZ
Cathriona White, said to be the on-again/off-again lover of Carrey, recently reconnected with the comedian in May. The two started dating in 2012.
Law enforcement sources tell
that White’s body was found in a Los Angeles residence Monday night. White, who took to Twitter to post what resembled a goodbye on Sept. 24, left a suicide note addressed to Carrey, the site reports. The two reportedly broke up the same day. TMZ
Law enforcement tells us they believe she died from an overdose of drugs — pills were next to her body. We’re told 2 friends found Cathriona last night when they went to check on her.
This is a developing story. We’ll keep you updated with the latest.
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Cause Of Death Determined, Medical Examiner To Hold Results
Don’t Miss Our Hottest Stories! : Flip, Skip — Or Send Us a Tip! Get The NewsOne Flip App for iPhone
Bobbi Kristina Through The Years (PHOTOS)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive to Los Angeles on June 9, 1993.
1 of 25
2. Whitney Houston, singer Bobby Brown, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend Bobby Brown’s 25th Birthday Party on February 4, 1994 at Tavern on the Green.
2 of 25
3. Bobby Brown and daughter Bobbi Kristina circa March 1994.
3 of 25
4. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive from New York City on June 18, 1995.
4 of 25
5. Mommy’s girl! Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown depart for New York City on July 1, 1995 at Los Angeles International Airport.
5 of 25
6. Singer Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend “The Preacher’s Wife” premiere together in New York City on December 9, 1996.
6 of 25
7. Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, & Bobbi at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills circa October ’98.
7 of 25
8. Daughter Bobbi walks the carpet with her mother Whitney Houston in March of 1999.
8 of 25
9. Whitney Houston with her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown and husband Bobbi Brown onstage during a concert on July 16, 1999.
9 of 25
10. Whitney Houston kisses her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown during the 1st Annual BET Awards on June 19, 2001.
10 of 25
11. Bobby, Whitney, and Bobbi pose for a flick at he 2002 VH1 Divas show.
11 of 25
12. Whitney, Bobby, and Bobbi smile during Praise Power in 2003.
12 of 25
13. The Browns posed with Mickey and Minnie at “The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement” premiere.
13 of 25
14. Bobbi Kristina Brown and Whitney Houston perform in Central Park on September 1, 2009.
14 of 25
15. Bobbi and Whitney wore all black to the 2009 American Music Awards.
15 of 25
16. Bobbi hugs her mother at the 2011 Pre-GRAMMY Gala and Salute To Industry Icons Honoring David Geffen.
16 of 25
17. Whitney Houston and her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive at Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged: For The Love Of R&B GRAMMY Party.
17 of 25
18. Bobbi Kristina arriving at Whigham Funeral Home for a private viewing for her mother, Whitney Houston.
18 of 25
19. Pat Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown accept the Millennium Award on behalf of Whitney Houston onstage at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards.
19 of 25
20. Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon at the premiere of “Sparkle” at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
20 of 25
21. Bobbi salutes the poster for her mother’s movie during the premiere of “Sparkle” at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
21 of 25
22. Bobbi Kristina at the We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney event.
22 of 25
23. Cissy Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown attend “The Houstons: On Our Own” Series Premiere Party at the Tribeca Grand Hotel in NYC.
23 of 25
24. Nick Gordon kisses Bobbi Kristina Brown at “The Houstons: On Our Own” series premiere party.
24 of 25
25. Bobbi Kristina Brown attends the GRAMMY Gift Lounge during the 56th Grammy Awards at Staples Center.
25 of 25