Last week, the shooting death of 19-year-old Texas mom Kendra Childs erupted over social media. Childs was shot on September 13 while inside her Houston apartment. Authorities are still searching for the suspect, but reports confirm Childs was the victim of a fatal drive-by shooting. Police also believe the suspect sought her out, according to The New York Daily News.
Here’s what we know so far.
1. Childs leaves behind a 2-year-old daughter. Social media lit up last week with the hashtag #RIPKendra, memorializing her and raising questions about who could be responsible for her death.
2. Social media users allege Childs may have been shot by her boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend, after a heated social media exchange between Childs and the woman became public knowledge. As stated earlier, police are still searching for a suspect who they believe drove a black Camaro on the day Childs was shot.
3. Her boyfriend discovered her body when he returned to her apartment around 12:40 p.m. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
4. Childs was murdered just one day shy of her 20th birthday.
5. She worked at Wal-Mart as a cashier, and from her Instagram posts, enjoyed fashion and style.
SOURCE: New York Daily News | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram, Twitter