Last Tuesday, we lost an American hero, Dr. Dorothy Height, who passed at the age of 98, this extraordinary woman, who was equally at home with the least of us and the greatest, befriended and respected by White House residents from First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt to President Barack Obama and all the presidents in between. Born in an era of intense racial discrimination, she refused to be bound by the cords of that injustice. She was committed to tearing down the barriers of race and gender discrimination.
- Gunman Allegedly Kills Cops As Revenge For Garner, Brown Deaths
- More Sponsors Pull Ads From VH1's "Sorority Sisters," Is The Show Doomed?
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9AM EST
- Healthy Holiday Eating With Dr. Ro
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- Whoopi Goldberg And Rosie O'Donnell Engage In On-Air Screamfest Over Racism