Last Tuesday, we lost an American hero, Dr. Dorothy Height, who passed at the age of 98, this extraordinary woman, who was equally at home with the least of us and the greatest, befriended and respected by White House residents from First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt to President Barack Obama and all the presidents in between. Born in an era of intense racial discrimination, she refused to be bound by the cords of that injustice. She was committed to tearing down the barriers of race and gender discrimination.
- Mom Goes On Strike To Protest Daughters' Disrespectful Behavior
- Don't Miss The 46th NAACP Image Awards!
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- 'Oh Jah Jah:' Eddie Murphy Talks New Music, Return To 'SNL' For 40th Anniversary (VIDEO)
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9 AM EST
- Detroit Cop Who Killed 7-Year-Old Aiyana Stanley-Jones Walks Free