Wyclef Reportedly Excluded From Haiti Presidential Candidates List

Comments:  | Leave A Comment

0113-wyclef-jean-haiti-earthquake.jpg_full_600

Wyclef Jean’s name will reportedly be gone from November’s ballot in Haiti’s presidential election.

The Grammy-winning Fugees star did not satisfy legal requirements to run in the Nov. 28 election, Reuters reported Thursday, citing a member of the provisional electoral council.

“He is not on the list as I speak,” the council official told Reuters, with the provisional electoral council set to announce the list of approved candidates on Friday.

The “Gone Till November” singer released a statement late Thursday asserting that “no decisions” had been announced.

“He is concerned about the people of Haiti and the country’s future, and is cautiously optimistic about rulings on his candidacy, expected tomorrow,” Jean said. “Wyclef Jean puts the needs for health, wellness, and future prosperity of Haiti’s citizens first and foremost.

Read more at NBCNY

Click here to view photos:


RELATED:

Wyclef Jean In Hiding Due To Death Threats

Wyclef Declares Run For Haitian Presidency

Join the Conversation! Share on Facebook!

Tags: » » »

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,426 other followers