A 74-year-old Mobile woman has survived being pinned under her van for two nights after it rolled into a drainage ditch near Interstate 10 in Mississippi.
Moss Point police said Shirley Ann Smith was getting out of the van Thursday night to stretch her legs when it came out of gear, rolled into the ditch and trapped her left hand under a tire.
The Press-Register reported that it was not until Saturday morning that a highway grounds crew spotted the car and she was rescued. She remained hospitalized Monday in serious condition.
Read entire article at WAPT.com
Share this post on Facebook! CLICK HERE:
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14