Atlanta (AP) — Atlanta City Councilman, Kwanza Hall and And1 streetballer, Dennis “Spyda” Chism will join the fight, this holiday season, to strike hunger and support two worthy organizations. On Wednesday, November 10, the two will greet donors as they drop off food and toys at Licquid in the Castleberry Hills area of downtown Atlanta between 4 p.m. — 8 p.m.
Actors, rappers, professional athletes and tastemakers are lending their time this holiday season to help Atlanta’s low-income families. The Pamela Mitchell Jones Foundation (PMJF) and Divva Biz in conjunction with Blessings in the Sky Foundation (BITS) is hosting the 2nd Annual Hoops4Food Celebrity Basketball Game and Food Drive-thru starting the second Wednesday in November and culminating with the celebrity basketball game on Wednesday, December 15.
1. Hoops4Food Celebrity Food Drive-Thru: Donors will drive-up to drop off nonperishable food items and unwrapped toys while being greeted by celebrity supporters. There will be complimentary food and drinks by Bang Catering with music provided by DJ Blak Magic for those supporters who want to mingle after making their donation.
Dates: Wednesdays; November 10, 17 and December 1
Time: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Where: Licquid, 294 Walker Street, Atlanta, Ga 30313
2. Hoops4Food Celebrity Basketball Game and Food Drive: Teams will consist of celebrities and staff from Konvict Music, HAH Enterprises, Block Entertainment Atlanta radio’s Hot 107.9 Hot Shots, former And1 streetballlers (now the Get Buckets Brand Streetballers www.GetBucketsBrand.com) and a host of actors and comedians. Funds raised from this event will benefit the PMJF and BITS.
Date: Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Where: Adamsville Recreational Center, 3201 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Atlanta, Ga 30311
Purchase Celebrity Game tickets for only $5 at www.hoops4food.eventbrite.com or in-person at Licquid located at 294 Walker Street in Atlanta (call Licquid at 404.343.6449).
Food collected will be donated to needy families that fit the criteria of the host organizations.
PMJF Mission – The PMJF is dedicated to providing families and individuals who suffer from neurodegenerative diseases (multiple sclerosis, Parkinson, etc…) with resources and opportunities via food, financial assistance and other social services for a better quality of life. (www.pmjf.org)
BITS Mission – To restore core Family values through the development of Family activities that promote trust, bonding, and unity; to empower the youth through motivation, education, and mentorship; and to uplift the homeless and hungry by providing essential resources that no person should be forced to live without. (www.thebitsonline.org)
2009 Food Drive Recap – The PMJF Food Drive, on December 10, 2009, was a success. Dretam PR staff, family and friends showed great support for the organization’s inaugural event. We were able to provide a box of food and grocery store gift cards for two families. Special thanks to Jo Ann of the MS Society’s African Americans with MS Self-Help Group. With her assistance, we were able to locate our recipients, MS patients Linda Penn of Marietta and Marquetta Boone of Smyrna. Notorious street ball player and PMJF 2009-2010 ambassador, Dennis “Spyda” Chism (AND1 ESPN2 series), helped us to deliver the donations.
• Bang Catering (www.BangCatering.com)
• Quick Tattoos (www.QuickTattoos.net)
• Dada Supreme Footwear (www.dadafootwear.com)
• Get Buckets Brand (www.GetBucketsBrand.com)
• DJ Blak Magic: (www.DJBlakMagic.com)
• Converse: (www.Converse.com)
For more information and media inquiries, contact Dretam PR at 347-471-1247 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.