1970 in the African-American psyche felt like many years prior: two steps forward and one step back. The struggle for equality was still underway as evidenced by Angela Davis’ arrest. But 1970 marked many firsts for African-Americans, including the first Black Pulitzer Prize winner, Charles Gordone, and the first Black contestant in the Miss American pageant, Cheryl Browne.
- 30 Reasons To Be Obsessed With Lupita Nyong’o
- FDA Makes Cheaper Morning-After Pills Available To All Women
- Nicki Minaj + Other Celebs Who’ve Embraced Their Natural Tresses
- Famous Interracial Couples [PHOTOS]
- The Best Bold Lipsticks For All Shades Of Brown
- Tune In To "NewsOne Now" Weekdays At 9am EST On TV One