1970 in the African-American psyche felt like many years prior: two steps forward and one step back. The struggle for equality was still underway as evidenced by Angela Davis’ arrest. But 1970 marked many firsts for African-Americans, including the first Black Pulitzer Prize winner, Charles Gordone, and the first Black contestant in the Miss American pageant, Cheryl Browne.
- Kirk Cameron: Halloween Masks Mocking Obama Represent Jesus Defeating Satan
- Who Couldn't Use $1,000 For College Right Now?
- Elise Neal, Sean Blakemore Dish On TV One's 'The Fright Night Files' [VIDEO]
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9AM EST
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- How To Make Your Credit Score "Jump Like Jordan" [VIDEO]