1970 in the African-American psyche felt like many years prior: two steps forward and one step back. The struggle for equality was still underway as evidenced by Angela Davis’ arrest. But 1970 marked many firsts for African-Americans, including the first Black Pulitzer Prize winner, Charles Gordone, and the first Black contestant in the Miss American pageant, Cheryl Browne.
- Report: Family Member Shopping Around Pic Of Bobbi Kristina In Hospice
- Social Media Foul: Twitter Employs Only 49 African-Americans, Even Though Black People Use Site The Most
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- NewsOne On TV One - Daily at 9 AM ET
- Say What? Jeb Bush Blames Ferguson & Baltimore Protests On Lack Of Parenting
- Black Girl Magic: 15 Facts You Should Know About Ballet Superstar Misty Copeland