The history books have called 1973 the Year of the Mayor with four of the first African-American mayors of major cities taking office. Doris A. Day was the first woman of that group serving as mayor of Compton, California. Marian Edelman Wright started the progressive Children’s Defense Fund as a children’s rights advocacy group that would put a permanent stamp on American History. Eugene D. Jackson and Sidney Small found The National Black Network as a subsidiary of Unity Broadcasting in New York; it was the first Black-owned and operated national radio network.
- If You Google 'N*gger House,' This Is What Pops Up In Maps...
- The Retweet: Stop Using MLK Quotes -- Use Ronald Reagan Instead
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- White Man & Black Man Carry AR-15 Rifles In Open Carry Video Experiment
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9 AM EST
- Find Out Why This High Schooler Turned Down Eight Ivy League Schools For The University Of Alabama