The history books have called 1973 the Year of the Mayor with four of the first African-American mayors of major cities taking office. Doris A. Day was the first woman of that group serving as mayor of Compton, California. Marian Edelman Wright started the progressive Children’s Defense Fund as a children’s rights advocacy group that would put a permanent stamp on American History. Eugene D. Jackson and Sidney Small found The National Black Network as a subsidiary of Unity Broadcasting in New York; it was the first Black-owned and operated national radio network.
- Kirk Cameron: Halloween Masks Mocking Obama Represent Jesus Defeating Satan
- Who Couldn't Use $1,000 For College Right Now?
- Elise Neal, Sean Blakemore Dish On TV One's 'The Fright Night Files' [VIDEO]
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9AM EST
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- How To Make Your Credit Score "Jump Like Jordan" [VIDEO]