CLOSE

The two Nigerian-American brothers who claimed Jussie Smollett staged the attack appear to be doing damage control. Ola and Abel Osundairo have apparently deleted homophobic tweets that went viral Tuesday.

See Also: Complete Timeline Of Jussie Smollett Investigation

The Blast reported two tweets were deleted over the past 24 hours. Ola Osundairo tweeted in 2013, “Why you following Frank Ocean … you know that ni**a gay right.” Another message read, “YOU’RE GAY THATS WHO YOU ARE.” Ola also once wrote, “I don’t follow any man. I follow woman.”

If they had no issue with the tweets they wouldn’t have deleted them, but the social media posts may haunt them. After the Chicago Police Department claimed the brothers told them the attack was orchestra by Jussie and they were paid $3,500, they released the following statement: “We are not racist. We are not homophobic and we are not anti-Trump. We were born and raised in Chicago and are American citizens.”

But there were more credibility issues with their story.

Earlier this week, TMZ reported the FBI said the Chicago Police were “overstating” when they said Jussie sent a hateful Jan. 22 letter to himself. One federal law enforcement source told TMZ, “I think he [Johnson] went too far. We’re not there yet.”

TMZ also reported, “We’re told authorities are trying to determine if the pages have the lettering found in the letter. They’re also checking the postage stamp against the stamps found in the brothers’ apartment.” The Nigerian brothers, Abel and Ola Osundairo, denied sending the letter.

Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson may have also gone too far when he said Jussie paid the brothers $3,500 to stage the attack. TMZ reports they “obtained documents that on the surface back his claim the $3,500 check he wrote to Abel was for training. The check was written to Abel on January 23, 2019, six days before the ‘attack.’ The memo line reads, ‘5 week Nutrition/Workout program Don’t Go.'” “Don’t Go” is a song for a music video where he would appear shirtless.

TMZ also reported, “There are various texts starting from January 20 between Jussie and Bon. On January 28 — the day before the ‘attack’ — Bon [Abel Osundairo] wrote, ‘I know you’re traveling today, make sure you get at least 45 mins of cardio.’ Another text on January 20 outlines a menu for the day, including chicken thigh, StarKist Tuna, Eggs and Smucker’s peanut butter. And, a text on January 25 reads, ‘This is the meal plan and the breakdown of macronutrients. Also includes projected fat loss.'” The $3,500 breakdown was reportedly “$600 a week for the workout plan for 5 weeks, and $100 a week for the nutrition plan for 5 weeks,” according to TMZ reports.

The brothers were also on video appearing to buy items allegedly used for the attack.

On Jan. 29, while walking to a subway, Smollett claimed two men yelled racial and homophobic slurs at him, investigators told The Hollywood Reporter. They allegedly punched and poured bleach on him while one of the suspects put a rope around his neck. As they fled the scene, Smollett told police they said, “This is MAGA country.”

Smollett has denied all allegations he staged the attack.

SEE ALSO:

Kamala Harris Leads Senate To Finally Passing Anti-Lynching Bill

WTH? ‘Black Panther’ Writer Roxane Gay Was Not Invited To The Movie Premiere

Can Racial Profiling Be Stopped? A Federal Jury Sides With The Louisiana State Police

Twitter Reacts To Sen. Kamala Harris Announcing Her Run For President
Senate Policy Luncheons
10 photos

More From NewsOne
×