Remembering Selena: 20 Facts You Might Not Have Known About The Late Selena Quintanilla-Perez was originally published on globalgrind.com
Remembering Selena: 20 Facts You Might Not Have Known About The Late Selena Quintanilla-Perez
12 photos Launch gallery
1. Selena was only 17-years-old when she signed her first contract with Coca-Cola for $75,000.
1 of 12
2. Selena made her own stage costumes by gluing Swarovski crystals on her bras.
2 of 12
3. Selena was the first Latin artist to debut on the Billboard charts at number one.
3 of 12
4. Selena won a Grammy in 1994 for Best Mexican/American album.
4 of 12
5. Selena’s first car, a BMW, was stolen and dumped into the ocean. She later replaced it with a red Porsche.
5 of 12
6. After her death, there was a big spike in the number of girls being named Selena.
6 of 12
7. Selena dropped out of high school and earned her GED so she could perform full time. This was how her family made a living.
7 of 12
8. Tejano music became directionless after Selena’s death.
8 of 12
9. Selena and band member Chris Perez kept their relationship a secret until they eloped in 1992.
9 of 12
10. Selena made a cameo on the popular Spanish TV novela “Dos Mujeres, Un Camino” in 1993.
10 of 12
11. Selena owned a motorcycle.
11 of 12
12. After her death, an estimated 100,000 people showed up to Selena’s public viewing at the convention center in Corpus Christi.
12 of 12