ATLANTA — Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s daughter, Bernice King, will no longer serve as an elder at Bishop Eddie Long’s mega church.
King’s last day at the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia was Sunday, says WSBTV, a local Atlanta news station.
Sources told Channel 2 that they did not know if King’s departure had anything to do with the settlement and dismissal of the sexual misconduct lawsuits against Long.
Read more at WSBTV.com
Churchgoers Cheer-On Bishop Eddie Long During Sunday Service
Also On News One:
14 photos Launch gallery
1 of 14
1. Officials turn the Eiffel Tower lights off, as Paris goes dark following multiple terror attacks.
2 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.
3 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.
4 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.
5 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.
6 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
7 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.
8 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.
9 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.
10 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
11 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.
12 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.
13 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.
14 of 14