Ruby Dee, who died Wednesday, June 11, 2014, earned an Emmy, a Grammy, two Screen Actors Guild awards, and an Oscar nomination at age 83 for best supporting actress in the 2007 film “American Gangster.” With her husband Ossie Davis, she was a stalwart of the civil rights movement.
- Ex-Teacher Testifies She Erased Answers In Atlanta Schools Cheating Trial
- Who Couldn't Use $1,000 For College Right Now?
- HBCU Students Reveal Their Homecoming Essentials [VIDEO]
- NewsOne On TV One: Daily 9AM EST
- Text NEWS to 71007 Get Breaking News Daily!
- How To Make Your Credit Score "Jump Like Jordan" [VIDEO]