It was 1997 when Love Jones premiered starring budding stars Larenz Tate and Nia Long, and almost 15 years later we’re still jonesin’ for the movie that came to be a definitive portrait of black love. Written and directed by Theodore Witcher, Love Jones was the first in a series of films in the late 90’s to depict young black professionals on their quest for love and the American dream. Here are the 25 Reasons We Love Love Jones.
1. The cliche but truly enjoyable “Brotha to the Night” performance.
2. The introduction of spoken-word “culture” to the mainstream.
3. Bill Bellamy drove a hearse.
4. Nina’s photography skills were dope.
5. They went to a stepper’s set.
6. Marvin’s classic line, “I’m going to get some muthaf*ckin Toasted Oats. You tripping!”
7. Darius dedicated his book to Nina.
8. Savon’s wife called him “triflin.”
9. Sheila’s consummate mother-earth-tell-it-like-it-is-diva-ness.
10. The house party scene where Vaughn brings his female “co-worker” and Wood brings Nina.
11. Nina and Darius both feed their insecurities by dating other people which was both real and accurate.
12. The soundtrack was epic.
13. Nia Long was “house-sitting” the dopest apartment ever.
14. Nina’s got her dream job at Vibe magazine.
Check out the rest in our photo gallery.
Share this post on Facebook! CLICK HERE: http://widgets.fbshare.me/files/fbshare.js
LaTosha Brown Is A Black Joy Blazer Who Has Dedicated Her Life To The Cause
Heart In Your Hands: Important Lifestyle Changes For Heart Failure Recovery
Life In Heart Failure Recovery
How To Support A Loved One Who Is Living With Heart Failure
702 Member Irish Grinstead Dies At 43, Sister Says
Lawsuit Will ‘Absolutely’ Be Filed After Denny’s Waitress Refused Serving Black Truckers In Viral Video: Lawyers
NJ Airport Restaurant That David Brooks Falsely Complained About Is Black-Owned
'Moms For Liberty' Member Complains California School Teaches 'White People Have No Culture'