R&B crooner Usher Raymond and ex-wife Tameka Foster are back in court to resume their ongoing battle to gain custody of their two young children, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

RELATED: Sign NewsOne’s Police Brutality Petition

The custody battle took a hiatus after the sudden death of Foster’s 11-year-old son, Kile Glover, after he succumbed to injuries from a jet ski incident in early July.

Want to Keep Up With LIKE Us On Facebook!

The dueling couple currently share joint custody of the boys with a co-parenting agreement that was set in place by the courts. Usher is requesting to gain full custody of his boys, Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd, 3. He claims that his ex-wife is not a suitable parent.

SEE ALSO:  Wyclef To Headline RNC

As the videotaped trial resumes after a two-week break, Usher is seen discussing how he makes his children a priority when they are under his care but that he also has other commitments that he must attend to. “I try to do all of my work when I don’t have the children, but there may be times when there’s an obligation of something that comes up,” he said.

During the cross-examination, Foster also openly admitted that during her years as a teen mom, she resorted to stealing and check fraud, having had her first son when she was 19.

“Yes, I stole things,” Foster said. “I stole diapers before. I’ve gone in 7-Eleven and stolen diapers out of the store. I admit it. I was 19 years old. I’m not proud of it. I wouldn’t do it now.”

SEE ALSO:  Convicted Ex-Pastor Fakes Death

Foster testified that she asked her ex-husband on numerous occasions to drop the custody petition against her and was baffled as to why he even ventured down that path. “I was like, ‘It’s ridiculous, are you mad at me? I don’t know why. You know your kids are fine. They’re happy. They’re productive.’ … Maybe I don’t do everything perfectly, but I do the best I can,” Foster said.

The grieving mother also told the court that Usher failed to support her after Kile was hospitalized. Foster claims that Usher showed up just once to visit the boy during the 15 days he was on life support.

RELATED:  Rest in Peace:  Kile Glover Laid to Rest in Atlanta [Photos]

Foster also alleged that she asked Usher to tweet his hoards of adoring Twitter followers a request that they pray for Kile. She contends that he did not follow through with that request.

Also On News One:
20 Tweets Dragging Roseanne Barr To A White Privilege Hell
ABC's 'Roseanne'
21 photos
More From NewsOne