The search for Dynasty Myles, a 23-year-old Detroit mother who went missing at the beginning of the year, has ended tragically. Dynasty’s family has confirmed with Fox 2 News Detroit that she was found dead in an abandoned home on the city’s west side.
Her body, which was naked and frozen, was discovered by a city worker. As NewsOne previously reported, she went missing on New Year’s Day after leaving her 6-year-old daughter with her father and stepmother at their home in Southfield, a suburb of Detroit. Dynasty called around 9 p.m. that night to say she would drop by the next morning to leave some clothing for her daughter.
She never showed up.
Her vehicle was found in the parking lot of Benihana, the Japanese restaurant where she worked at the Fairlane Town Center in Dearborn. Dynasty’s sister said she ordered takeout from the restaurant on the night she disappeared but did not pick it up.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
“The family is devastated and they will have further comment after we find out the manner and cause of death,” David Jones, the family’s lawyer told the Detroit Free Press, adding that Myles’ parents were notified in a meeting late Tuesday with Dearborn Police Chief Ronald Haddad. “They’re hoping that anyone with any information comes forward.”
Crime Stoppers is offering a $1000 reward for information on her disappearance. Though that could increase to $2500 if her death is ruled a homicide.
Anyone with information in connection to Dynasty’s death should call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK UP. Information can also be submitted online at http://www.1800speakup.org or by texting CSM and the tip to 274637 or CRIMES.