¼ Cup Shallots, Finely Chopped
1/3 Cup Fresh Tarragon, Finely Chopped
¾ Pound Bucatini Pasta
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¾ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
¾ Cup Sherry Wine
1 ½ Cups Heavy Cream
1. Finely chop shallot to measure indicated amount.
2. Pick tarragon leaves from the stems and finely chop to measure indicated amount.
1. Fill a large pot 2/3 high with water and cover. Place over high heat. Proceed with next step as water comes to a boil.
2. Once water is boiling, add 1 tablespoon salt and stir in the bucatini. Cook until tender with a slight bite, about 9 minutes, or according to package instructions.
3. Place pasta pot back over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter and warm.
4. Once oil is warm and butter is just melted, add panko breadcrumbs and cook until golden brown. Stir often. Transfer to clean plate.
5. Place pasta pot back over medium heat again, and add olive oil and shallots. (If pot is still very hot from the panko, let it cool slightly before beginning this step so shallots don’t burn.) Saute shallots until translucent, stirring often.
6. Pour in sherry wine and cook until reduced by half, about 3-5 minutes.
7. Stir in heavy cream and fresh tarragon. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and let come to a small boil to thicken. Once thick, toss in bucatini, butter and half the toasted panko. Stir until well coated.
8. Transfer the bucatini with tarragon cream sauce to a serving dish or dinner plates and sprinkle remaining toasted panko over the top. Serve warm.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
CHIC EATS: Bucatini With Tarragon Cream Sauce [RECIPE] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com