4.24K reads
Leave a comment

UPDATED: November 24, 2015 12:16 PM EST

On Friday, the Minneapolis chapter of Black Lives Matter shared a video of two masked men spewing racial slurs, leading members to believe the men are the same suspects who turned themselves in after the shooting on five BLM affiliates Monday evening.

Police haven’t confirmed if the men are suspects arrested in connection with the shooting. The group says they saw the video just moments after the men left their encampment the night of the shooting. The men identifed themselves as the aliases, “Saiga Marine,” and “Black Powder Ranger.”

The Huffington Post reports another video by the same masked men was posted on Friday during protests. The video, which was a live stream, features the men repeatedly using the N-word.

EDITORS NOTE: VIDEO CONTAINS EXPLICIT LANGUAGE 

———————

The shooting that took place as protesters gathered near a Minneapolis police precinct on Monday sent shocks throughout the nation. It was speculated that white supremacists shot five Black Lives Matter protesters. However, three suspects with unknown ties have been arrested in connection with the shooting with one suspect held and released.

NBC Washington reports that three men are in custody — a 23-year-old white man and two male suspects, ages 26 and 21, both white — this after a robust investigation into the harrowing shooting event was ignited. The 23-year-old was found by authorities while the other two men turned themselves in. They are considered among the several outside attendees of the protests that were present in opposition.

The protesters, consisted of members connected to the Black Lives Matters movement, have been gathered in the area demanding answers ever since the Nov. 15 shooting death of 24-year-old Black man Jamar Clark.

Details remain scant as to what happened in the moments ahead of the gunfire, but witnesses say they were contending with racist outsiders for much of the evening.

From NBC Washington:

Protesters were settling in for their ninth night of demonstrations when something just didn’t seem right.

Lingering in the crowd were four people who seemed out of place. They were asked to leave. Moments later, shots rang out about a block away.

“I really did think it was like firecrackers or something initially because it was so loud and there was like this acrid smell,” protester Jie Wronski-Riley said. “I thought, ‘Surely, they are not shooting at us.'”

Then Wronski-Riley heard the cries of wounded people on the ground. “I really understood the danger we were in and what had happened.”

At least one member of Clark’s family asked Tuesday for the protests to end. But demonstrators said they would not be intimidated or “bow to fear.”

It was not immediately clear who was behind the attack, but several racially disparaging comments had been posted on social media in recent days. One video showed a white man brandishing a gun while claiming to be on his way to the protests. Police issued a warning Friday night, asking demonstrators to be vigilant and report any suspicious behavior to authorities.

Mica Grimm, a Black Lives Matter organizer that was on the ground at the Fourth Precinct, made claims that at least 14 people suspected to be white supremacists were present at the gathering before being asked to leave.

One suspect, a 32-year-old Hispanic man, was let go after questioning.

SOURCE: NBC Washington, The Huffington Post  | PHOTO CREDIT: Twitter


Watch Roland Martin, host of NewsOne Now and Nekima Levy-Pounds, President of the Minneapolis NAACP discuss the shooting arrests and the suspicious activity being conducted by White supremacists in the area.

TV One’s NewsOne Now has moved to 7 A.M. ET, be sure to watch “NewsOne Now” with Roland Martin, in its new time slot on TV One.


SEE ALSO:

Black Lives Matter Minneapolis: White Supremacists Shoot 5 At Jamar Clark Protest

Minneapolis Police Mace Protesters Demanding Release Of Video In Jamar Clark Shooting

Also On News One:
comments – Add Yours