Bill Cosby‘s legal issues regarding a staggering amount of sexual assault allegations have been mounting for much of the past year with little in the way of commentary from his wife, Camille Cosby.
According to a family source, Mrs. Cosby says that she and her husband are committed to working with one another in order to move past the entertainer’s current predicament.
Even though Camille Cosby has not made any public comments since her husband’s Dec. 30 arrest, the couple remains a united front, a source close to the family tells PEOPLE.
“They remain steadfast and resolute about working through this together,” the source says, “and they have every intention of reclaiming their dignity and their name.”
The last time Camille issued a statement was in December 2014, after a slew of allegations by women that her husband drugged and/or sexually assaulted them.
“The man I met, and fell in love with, and whom I continue to love, is the man you all knew through his work,” Camille Cosby said in the statement.
While the unnamed source and the statement cannot be confirmed, there is something resembling good news to report from the Cosby camp. On Tuesday, U.S. Magistrate Judge David Hennessey granted Mrs. Cosby a requested postponement of a court-ordered deposition hearing in a civil lawsuit case filed by several women in Massachusetts.
Last week, a motion filed by Mrs. Cosby’s lawyers was denied by Judge Hennessey, a bid to discard the subpoena. After appealing on Monday to Judge Hennessey that the deposition gets delayed until the appeal is heard, it was decided in fairness that Mrs. Cosby should have right to appeal.