Well, who didn’t see this coming.
“Black-ish” star Anthony Anderson had the honor of hosting the 47th annual NAACP Image Awards and did not disappoint. He opened the two-hour show with “Nominees With Attitude” – an NWA-inspired musical number giving props to highly acclaimed films like Creed and Beasts of No Nation.
In his opening monologue, he quickly addressed the elephant not in the room-Stacey Dash, saying: “She’s like Ann Coulter dipped in butterscotch.”
In addition to his role as host, Anderson was among the first to snag an award during the ceremony. He won the award for best actor in a comedy series, and he wasn’t the only to drop some knowledge about Hollywood’s ongoing diversity issues.
During her acceptance speech for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series, Taraji P. Henson also lent some powerful words about the #OscarsSoWhite controversy: “We don’t have to ask for acceptance from anyone. We are enough and we’ve always been enough.”
Well said, Taraji.
47th Annual NAACP Image Awards Winners List (UPDATED LIVE)
RED CARPET RECAP: The 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
19 photos Launch gallery
1. Tracee Ellis Ross has arrived.
1 of 19
2. Laura Govan hits the red carpet.
2 of 19
3. Suited up! Benzino's in the building.
3 of 19
4. Quantico star Aujanue Ellis has a MESSAGE.
4 of 19
5. Claudia Jordan in head-to-toe black.
5 of 19
6. The lady in red: reality star Jennifer Williams.
6 of 19
7. Tocarra stuns in fuschia.
7 of 19
8. Naturi Naughton serves old Hollywod-glam.
8 of 19
9. Sanaa Lathan can do no wrong.
9 of 19
10. "Empire" star Jussie Smollett looking dapper!
10 of 19
11. Like father, like son.
11 of 19
12. Keke Palmer is all smiles!
12 of 19
13. How beautiful does Jada-Pinkett smooth look?
13 of 19
14. SLAY, Laverne Cox.
14 of 19
15. Taraji P. Henson WON.
15 of 19
16. Chrissy Teigen continues to embrace her baby bump!
16 of 19
17. John Legend accompanies Chrissy on the red carpet.
17 of 19
18. Hey, Gabi!
18 of 19
19. "Concussion" star Gugu Mbatha-Raw.
19 of 19
Anthony Anderson Throws Major Shade at Stacey Dash, & More Of The Best Moments From The 2016 NAACP Image Awards was originally published on globalgrind.com