We too often overlook the impact of good teachers. They not only educate students, but also mold them. Their influence can last well beyond the school year.
Use National Teacher Appreciation Week, May 2 – 6, to celebrate the men and women who bring their passion for education to the classroom every day. Whether you’re a principal, parent, or student, here are a few ideas on how you can show some love for your favorite teacher.
- PTAs could give the teachers’ lounge a facelift. A fresh coat of paint and good quality donated furniture shows concern for teachers’ comfort during the school day.
- School administrators could purchase business cards to acknowledge that teachers are indeed professionals.
- It may be conventional, but thoughtful, to present teachers with a coffee mug bearing his or her name.
- The personal touch of a handwritten thank you note is a classic way to express appreciation.
- Volunteer to help out a teacher who seems tireless, but probably needs a break.
- Get students involved by creating a poster using the children’s own expressions of appreciation for their teacher.
- Purchase a quality hardcover of the teacher’s favorite book and have each student sign the copy.
- Send a shout-out about how much you appreciate your child’s teacher by taking out a newspaper ad and presenting a framed copy.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty