The world is used to expecting greatness from Serena and Venus Williams on the tennis court, but the sisters are changing up their game. The Williams have opened the Yetunde Price Resource Center in their hometown of Compton, California.
The community service center is named for their older sister who was killed by gun violence in 2003. It is the first endeavor under the Williams Sister Fund, an organization designed to support the sisters’ philanthropic efforts to fight gun violence.
“The resource center will be able to map all of the resources in and around the Compton community while providing customized assistance that will be a vital asset to improving our ability to service our youth, adults and families,” said Mayor Aja Brown.
SOURCE: Eur Web | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
A True Scholar-Athlete: Venus Williams Earns Degree In Business Administration
Serena & Venus Williams’ Best Tennis Outfits Through The Years
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Remember when…Serena and Venus came onto the scene in the late 1990s wearing beads and braids?
1 of 25
2. Serena sports one of her classic Puma tennis dresses at the 1999 US Open.
2 of 25
3. Venus rocks a cutout tennis dress at the 1999 Grand Slam Cup.
3 of 25
4. A young Serena Williams wears a two-tone tennis dress at the 2000 Australian Open.
4 of 25
5. Venus rocks one of her signature cutout tennis outfits at Wimbledon in 2000.
5 of 25
6. Serena goes pastel purple at the eStyle.Com Classic in 2000.
6 of 25
7. Venus and Serena looked super stylish at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
7 of 25
8. Serena is pretty in pink at the 2001 French Open.
8 of 25
9. Venus rocks a spaghetti strap halter at the 2001 US Open.
9 of 25
10. Serena celebrates her 2002 Wimbledon win in a traditional (but not-so-traditional) white tennis outfit.
10 of 25
11. Serena is just a peach at the 2002 Home Depot Championships.
11 of 25
12. Serena’s orange and white 2003 Wimbledon Puma outfit.
12 of 25
13. Serena rocks a metallic empire waist at the Women’s Telecom Italia Tennis Masters in 2004.
13 of 25
14. Serena wins in her gorgeous 2004 Wimbledon outfit.
14 of 25
15. Serena rocks a denim tennis outfit at the 2004 US Open Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day.
15 of 25
16. Serena celebrates in this cute Nike ensemble at the 2005 Australian Open.
16 of 25
17. Serena experiments with a little color blocking at the 2009 French Open.
17 of 25
18. Venus gets sexy on the court at the 2010 Sony Ericsson Open.
18 of 25
19. Venus rocks a double slit tennis dress while playing with her sister at the 2010 Australian Open.
19 of 25
20. Serena goes pink on pink at the 2013 US Open.
20 of 25
21. Serena looks gorgeous in pink cheetah at the 2014 US Open.
21 of 25
22. More cheetah for Serena at the 2014 US Open.
22 of 25
23. Serena wears a yellow crop top at the 2016 Australian Open.
23 of 25
24. Serena and Venus get braided up in preparation for Rio Olympics.
24 of 25
25. Serena Williams represents Team USA at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
25 of 25