Twenty-four-year-old Bronx, New York resident Desmond Muller died after he was shot while walking away from an argument with a group of men outside of a deli, according to witnesses.
From The Grio:
“There were about four guys who drink over there,” said witness Edward Green. He added that Muller was part of that group before, “Suddenly, there were two shots, ‘Pop! Pop!’”
“He was walking toward my car. I thought he was going to ask for money,” said Edwin Mitchell, another witness to the shooting. Mitchell then heard two shots. “He was on the ground bleeding. I got out of the car and said, ‘Get up, Des, get up!’ He was gone.”
A friend said Muller lived with his aunt and was in a drug treatment program. The site continues:
“He was turning his life around,” she said. “He didn’t have trouble with anybody. He didn’t deserve this.”
The shooter was seen fleeing the scene wearing a grey sweatshirt, according to police.
May he rest in peace.
SOURCE: The Grio
Remembering Greatness: The Celebrity Deaths Of 2016
15 photos Launch gallery
1. Gwen Ifill, a titan in the industry of journalism, died from uterine cancer on November 21. She was 61.
1 of 15
2. Rapper Shawty Lo died in a fiery Atlanta car crash on the morning of Sept. 21.
2 of 15
3. Sportscaster John Saunders passed away suddenly at the age of 61 on Aug. 10. The details surrounding his passing are still unclear.
3 of 15
4. Actor Gene Wilder, best known for his role in ‘Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,’ died on Aug. 29 from Alzheimer’s disease.
4 of 15
5. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson’s.
5 of 15
6. Actor Anton Yelchin, best known for his role as Chekov in ‘Star Wars,’ passed away minutes after a June 19 car accident.
6 of 15
7. Actor Ron Lester died on Aug. 4 of kidney failure. He was best known for his role in ‘Not Another Teen Movie.’
7 of 15
8. ‘The Voice’ star Christina Grimmie was shot dead at 22 years old by a man who opened fire on her while she signed autographs.
8 of 15
9. Legendary singer Prince tragically died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on April 21. He was 57-years-old.
9 of 15
10. WWF wrestler and actress Chyna died from an accidental overdose of Valium and Ambien on April 20. She was 45 years old.
10 of 15
11. ‘Blood, Sweat, & Heels’ reality star Daisy Lewellyn died from a rare form of liver cancer on April 8.
11 of 15
12. Singer Denise Matthews, aka Vanity, died from kidney failure at the age of 57 on Feb. 15. She was Prince’s protegée and ex-girlfriend.
12 of 15
13. Singer Maurice White passed away on Feb. 3 after battling Parkinson’s disease. He was the founder of R&B group Earth, Wind, & Fire.
13 of 15
14. Rock star David Bowie died on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for 18 months. He was 69.
14 of 15
15. A Tribe Called Quest rapper Phife Dawg passed away on March 22 due to complications from diabetes. He was 45 years old.
15 of 15